Updated on 23 May 2018
- Collection of personal data
- How we use personal data
- Sharing of personal data
- Transfer of personal data outside the EU/EEA
- Storing of personal data
- Processing of personal data
- The user's data protection rights
- Information concerning children
- Cookies and other similar technologies
The careful processing of your personal data is important to us at Finnvacum Oy (hereinafter referred to as ‘Finnvacum’ or ‘we’). We process your personal data in accordance with data protection legislation and good data management and processing practices. Personal information is any information that identifies a person (hereinafter referred to as ‘User’ or ‘you’).
We use this data to provide services and customer service. Please note that our websites may contain links to other companies' websites or services that have their own privacy policies that are separate from ours.
Collection of personal data
We collect your personal information directly from you, either orally or in writing. They may be information collected by us or by our partners on our behalf.
Forms sent through the website contain personal data: at least your name, last name, and email address. By submitting the form, you agree that the owner of the site shall record the personal data you provide to their system in order to implement the service you requested.
The data may also be collected by the services we have at our disposal.
In addition, we receive data from the registers kept by the authorities, the credit information register, the payment disruption register and other reliable registers.
We may also collect data automatically when the User uses our service. This data includes:
- The User's activity in the service, such as the data and event data saved according to the User's activity which the service sends to statistics and marketing tools.
- User downloads on the service.
We also receive technical user data from our service, such as:
- Time stamps and log data relating to the use of the service;
- Information about the devices used to access the service, including IP addresses and software versions. This information is obtained through the User's browser and cookies.
- Clicks on the service and information filled into forms.
- Marketing cookies for the purpose of showing targeted advertising.
We do not connect or store this information with personal data.
How we use personal data
We process personal data for three main purposes.
- Provision of the service
For the purpose of managing messages, we will store contact details and keep records of the message topics with the User so that we can provide the service to the User.
- Service development and research
We may use personal data to improve the quality of the service, to solve problems identified within the service, and to develop the service features for Users. This data processing is based on our genuine interest in improving our service and its features and content. We may also produce anonymous statistics for research purposes, including business intelligence.
- Marketing and communications
We may use personal information to provide the User with important information about the service. Personal data may also be used for the purpose of advertising, marketing, direct marketing and personalised marketing targeting Users. We may create joint profiles of Users in order to provide better content and advertisements. This is based on our genuine interest in keeping Users informed of our services and marketing new products and services that are necessary to our Users. Users are entitled to prohibit direct marketing at any time.
Sharing of personal data
We do not share personal information with third parties except:
- IP addresses and marketing cookies that are not combined with other personal data;
- when the service providers we trust provide us with services on our behalf and in accordance with our guidelines. However, we monitor and are responsible for the use of Users' personal data in all circumstances;
- if we are involved in a merger, acquisition or sale of a business or part thereof;
- When we believe in good faith that the provision of data is necessary to protect our rights, to protect the User's safety or the safety of others, to investigate fraud, or to meet government requirements.
We do not sell Users' personal data to third parties.
Transfer of personal data outside the EU/EEA
As a general rule, we do not transfer Users' personal data outside the EU/EEA. Some of the statistical and marketing service providers we use operate in the United States. When these service providers provide us with services, we may need to transfer some of the User data to the United States, such as IP addresses to statistics or email, business, and name information to an email marketing system or a sales system. In these cases, our service providers are committed to providing the necessary level of data protection required by European legislation and to comply with the Privacy Shield.
Storing of personal data
We strive to keep the personal data we hold accurate and up to date by deleting redundant data and updating outdated data.
Processing of personal data
We process your personal data in accordance with the GDPR and in a manner that respects your rights and freedoms. We ensure that data protection principles are applied at all stages of processing personal data.
Your data will only be processed by our or our partners' employees who are authorised to process personal data.
Your personal data may be processed in a variety of data systems that are either managed by us or our partners.
The user's data protection rights
The User is entitled to receive, correct, update, modify or delete any personal information that we have about the User. The User is entitled to object to and limit certain data processing, such as profiling for marketing purposes. However, the personal data that is necessary to meet the objectives set out in this Privacy Statement and/or required by law may not be deleted by the User. The User also has the right, within the limits required by legislation, to portability of data, that is to say, to obtain their personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format and to transfer their personal data to another controller. Requests for communications regarding the User's data protection rights should be initiated by using the contact details provided in the ‘Controller’ section.
Information concerning children
Our service is not aimed at children under the age of 16. If you notice that a child under the age of 16 has provided us with personal data, please contact us using the contact information provided in the ‘Controller’ section.
Cookies and other similar technologies
We take your safety seriously. We take various measures to protect personal data from disappearing, misuse and unauthorised access or disclosure. These measures will be taken in the light of the sensitivity of the data we collect, process and store, as well as the current technology.